Monday, October 15, 2018

Propellered AJ


What do you get when you cross a button with a helicopter? This thing, right here! My friend Doreen showed me this button earlier this year and I bought it on account of its novelty-like propeller feature in tarnished metal. The main body of the button tested positive for Bakelite. This supercool kiddo probably goes back to the 1930's. The color is apple juice, but with a greenish hue, which has me a bit stumped. I can't decide if the green shimmer is a reflection of the metal propeller or if this button was once tinted green at the base. Either way, there's an eerie glow to be found here. And who can resist a button that's all set to take flight?

Visit Doreen's online store: 
BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC

-Sherbert McGee 

No comments:

Post a Comment