Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pocket Cookies


Look what I found today! As it's getting cold outside, I decided to participate in a coat drive and to part ways with a few of my old winter jackets. After pulling some coats out of my closet, I checked the front and inner pockets on one particular parka that I haven't worn in years. Lo and Behold, this pair of Bakelite cookie buttons was tucked away with a couple of candy wrappers in a hidden pouch. I must've picked these up years ago in the midst of my travels and forgotten about them. At any rate, they're a little nicked and worn, but these cookies are pleasant discoveries with chocolate centers and good vibes going back to the 1920's. Check your pockets, friends! You might have treasures worth chancing on. And bundle up because it's beginning to look like an early winter.

-Shertbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment