Friday, September 14, 2018

AJ Trio


In case I haven't made it perfectly clear, I love perfectly clear buttons. And on that note, check out these large and luscious apple juice buttons in tested Bakelite. I purchased these buttons earlier this summer from my favorite antique shop in Leavenworth, Kansas. But get this: these buttons were thrown together in a Ziploc bag with the word "celluloid" written on a price tagthe price for all three buttons being $1.50! I took one look and the buttons, jiggled them around, heard them click together and said, "Nope. These are definitely Bakelite." Had they been priced accurately, these buttons should've been tagged at $10 each. So test your buttons, peeps! Bakelite isn't your average plastic. This AJ trio goes back to the 1920's. 

-Sherbert McGee 

No comments:

Post a Comment