Tuesday, July 3, 2018

AJ and Rhinestone


Throughout this blog I've been posting 100% Bakelite buttons with occasional features of buttons made of Bakelite + other materials (namely wood, glass, glitter, shell, beads, metals and other types of non-Bakelite plastics such as Lucite and celluloid). That said, next month I'm going to post a full week of some exceptionally glamorous Bakelite buttons, which give prominence to diamonds. Fake diamonds, I'll be honest, but still some of the most extravagant buttons in my collection and trust me, these are not buttons to be sneezed at. Bejeweled Bakelite! As a teaser, here's an apple juice button (Bakelite) featuring a rhinestone surrounded by eight decorative notches. Isn't she lovely? This button goes back to the 1930's. 

Coming this August: BAKELITE WITH BLING.

-Sherbert McGee  

No comments:

Post a Comment