Monday, September 21, 2020

Painted Apple Juice: Daisies

Since last month I've been talking about this fantastic week of painted apple juice buttons that I've been excited to share; and here we are! All week I'll be posting AJ Bakelite featuring brightly colored designs, wispy tendrils and lots of flowers. Today's button is the commencement. The structure of it is a smooth mound of chunky, transparent Bakelite that was carved at the bottom with two daisies and their stems. Adding to the pictorial charm of this vintage button, the carved areas were then filled in with paintand voila! White daisies appear with green stems through this amazing globule of light. I love painted apple juice Bakelite and I'm excited to share more buttons like this during all of this week. Get set for some fancy finds.

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment