Friday, March 29, 2019

Cookie Button of the Day


Greetings, friends! Here's a little button that I've owned for approximately one hour. I'm currently visiting family in Arizona where I always like to go button hunting at the antique shops in good ole Scottsdale. I have better luck finding Bakelite buttons in Scottsdale, Arizona than any other city in the USA. One theory suggests that Scottsdale is brimming with well-to-do retirees who part ways with their vintage wares more readily than in other parts of the country. Anyway, this is an elongated cookie button in green and creamed corn. A light layer of grunge occupies this button, but it's not as grody in person. In fact, it's rather charming. This is a small button. Consider this a preview of more smalls that I'll be posting in April. COMING SOON: a full week of small buttons.

-Sherbert McGee  

No comments:

Post a Comment