Friday, December 7, 2018

Rocker Logs


All this year I've been posting Bakelite rocker buttons at least once a month, some of them wedge shaped, some half cylindrical, many solid colors and many transparentbut none quite like these elongated rockers in deep butterscotch (verging on orange) and topped in creamed corn. Rarest of the rocker variety, I call these "rocker logs" and have honestly never seen another button like them. Going back to the 1920's, these old toggle-length beauties are speckled with patina while retaining their olden-day gleam. For all the rocker buttons I've shared this year, I do have several rockers that I haven't shown and will be posting them sparingly next year. That said, 2018 marks the only full year of monthly rocker buttons posted on this blog. They're among my favorite pieces of Bakelite.

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment