Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Split Pea Super Button


Moss-tone Bakelite was not on my wish-list when my friend Doreen showed me this unusual button, but I was so stricken by its bizarro set of carvings that I knew I had to add it to my collection. Doreen sold me the button over a year ago and I'm still wowed by the disparate elements of design with its arched stripes, outlying stars and scooped-out spots that run through the midsection like patches on an exotic turtle. Somehow, these combined details remind me of a superhero costume that might've decorated a 1970's comic book character. For its odd blend of animated features, this button wins my constant approval. Split pea Bakelite, circa 1930.

Visit Doreen's online store
Click here: BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC


-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment