Friday, December 2, 2016

Aluminum Bottomed Bakelite


Another great discovery by my friend Doreen, these three apple juice buttons (a mother and two daughters) have backsides coated in an aluminum substance. I flipped one of the buttons over to show the metallic underside and it does appear to be part of the button's true factory-made origin. From the top view, you can see that the apple juice Bakelite takes on a slightly darkened effect due to the aluminum coating underneath. In person, these buttons possess an almost greenish luster. For that reason, I've nicknamed these my green tea buttons. In all my experience as a collector I've never seen any other Bakelite buttons with backsides nestled in aluminum.
 
Visit Doreen's online store  
Click here: BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC

-Sherbert McGee  

No comments:

Post a Comment