Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wonder Woman's Earrings


Tonight I'm going to a screening of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but the superhero I'm most excited to see is Wonder Womanplayed by Israeli actress, Gal Gadot. I've always been a fan of Wonder Woman's American-flag-inspired costume and since this movie refashions that patriotic outfit into an unrecognizable blend of copper pleats and Viking's armor, I've decided that today I'm going to celebrate old-school Wonder Woman with this set of red, Bakelite buttons, a.k.a. Wonder Woman's earrings.

They aren't especially eye-catching, but they've got that telltale heft and feel that makes Bakelite so infectiously delicious. What I really like about this particular pair of buttons is that if you shoot them with any type of firearm, the bullets will ricochet right off of them! On that note, let's hope that when Wonder Woman gets her own movie in 2017 that Warner Bros. will come to their senses and put some semblance of the original threads back on DC Comic's most classic American heroine.


Thank Hera for Bakelite!
-Sherbert McGee         

No comments:

Post a Comment