Monday, July 23, 2018

Massive & Mesmerizing


Feast your eyes on a huge burst of style. As large a Bakelite button as I've ever seen, this major giant measures nearly three inches acrossand my how it astounds this avid collector! My friend and fellow-button enthusiast, Doreen, found this mighty sensation last year and sold it to me in the spring. Fittingly, the centerpiece on this extraordinary design is a carved flower made of creamed corn Bakelite. But what really seduces me the most is the bright cherry-red Bakelite foundation that stretches further and wider that your ordinary button, causing me to wonder what type of clothing item this adorned back in the 1930's (when it was made during the steady wane of the flapper era). Anyone's guess is as good as mine, but I picture this button perched on one heck of a spiffy frock! 

Visit Doreen's online store:
BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment