Saturday, June 9, 2018

Mechanized Rainbow


Like the robotic innards of a steampunk rainbow, check out this array of workable cog buttons! At the time of purchase, I wasn't on the lookout for these gears since I already have so many, but when I saw the arrangement of this colorful selection in my friend Doreen's button shop, I just had to snap up this gamesome set. Toy-like and full of lively fun, the buttons go back to the 1930's (if not earlier) and they are simply amazing. Arranging them for this photo, I twisted the black one at the end of the tail and they all began to turn and function like on-duty elements of a playful contraption. As might be expected, these buttons did indeed test positive for Bakelite.

Visit Doreen's online store:
BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment