Thursday, April 18, 2019

Two Triangles


How amazing are these Bakelite triangle buttons? When my friend Doreen sold these to me a few months ago, I was quite excited to add them to my collection. First of all, orange and maroon have always been the toughest colors (for me) to find in the hobby of acquiring Bakelite; and secondly, it's not every day that I come across triangular shaped buttonsmuch less two of them. What's more, these colorful gems are beautifully designed with apple juice edges and a sharp dose of geometric charisma. With the peculiar placement of their buttonholes, I'm not exactly sure how these buttons would function on fabric. But they are a stylish pair of vintage fashion items, circa 1930.

Visit Doreen's online store:
BUTTONS FROM THE ATTIC

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment