Saturday, November 17, 2018

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!


What's your favorite cookie? Oreos, Nutter Butters, Creme Wafers, Fig Newtons, Little Debbies, Keebler Fudge Stripes, Chips Ahoy! or a box delivered by the Girl Scouts? Cookies are fattening and delicious; but I'm talking about Bakelite cookies. And here's a batch of four. These are buttons, of courseeach made of Bakelite going back to the 1920's and each sized, shaped, designed and colored with its own different personality. I've been collecting Bakelite cookie buttons for many, many years and I still come across varieties I've never seen before. Who can resist a cookie? Fun and frisky, this huddled bunch presents a random assortment of styles. Cookies crumble, it's true; but not these vintage treats! And on that note, I'm going to pour myself a glass of milk.

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment