Monday, August 15, 2016

Greta Garbo


What kind of a fool names his vintage buttons after time-honored movie stars? Truth be told, I do. Every now and then I attach the name of a filmor a film starto a button. The Bakelite button I'm posting today, probably made in the early 1930's, is an apple juice extravaganza that seems to be throwing its own internal party. This button, which is technically a large toggle, is flooded with a private gala of cascading glitter. I don't know why, but every time I hold this mega hunk of period plastic I think of Old Hollywood's most evasive film siren: Greta Garbo. Hence, I've named this my Greta Garbo button. The thing's a mammoth pill. And totally ostentatious.

-Sherbert McGee


"Being a movie star, and this applies to all of them,
means being looked at from every possible direction.
You are never left a peace. You are just fair game."
Greta Garbo 

No comments:

Post a Comment