Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Bugged in Burgundy


Normally I'm not a huge fan of insect-shaped buttons, although you might recall that I posted that glorious orange butterfly last year in May. And here's another exception to my no-bugs allowed policy. A two-tone ladybug in tested Bakelite, the body is dark maroon (or burgundy) while the face is chocolate brown. Notice the pair of eyes etched into Bakelite. Also, someone did a good job of staying in the lines while painting bright yellow spots in all the dotted indentations on this little lady. A bit of unattractive patina rests in the line between the wings, but otherwise she's a lovely bugestimated to go back to the 1940's. If you like animal buttons, be sure to check out my blog next month since I plan on posting a full week of them. Coming soon: a stampede of beastly buttons!

-Sherbert McGee  

No comments:

Post a Comment