Friday, September 22, 2017

First-Day-of-Autumn Button


Hello there, fall of 2017! Celebrating the start of a new season as well as the autumnal equinox, here's a lavishly sculpted button in moss Bakelite. The central feature on this button is a voluptuous leaf hovering over a textured abundance of tiny circles. When I first laid eyes on this button, I was knocked senseless. It is an exquisite example of carved Bakelite. Also pictured here is half of a Bakelite dress clip in a tone of bright avocado. My sister found this pretty scrap of vintage plastic at an antique store and sent it to me last year in hopes that it would find its way into a photo session. Alas, here it is as a prop for this mossy wowzer. Since we're officially in the fall season and also because I love leaves, I'm going to post a whole week of leaf-shaped buttons next month. Get set for a leafy week some time after the midpoint of October. I hereby vow to leaf you breathless!

-Sherbert McGee  

No comments:

Post a Comment