Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Iced Tea


There are two reasons why this button merits special attention:
#1. The shape: Technically, this oddity verges on toggle-territory with its elongated width. And what of those blunt points? It reminds me of a signpost, but does this button want you to go east or west? When my friend, Doreen, contacted me after she found this button, she wasn't kidding when she said it was a real space alien
#2. The color: Since purchasing this button from Doreen, I've heard other collectors refer to this misty bronze tone as iced tea. It's a little darker than what's typically known as apple juice, but it's much lighter than root beer. To me, it's an eerie mass with a syrupy glow. At the end of the day, this Bakelite button is an X-File.

Visit Doreen's online store

-Sherbert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment