Thursday, December 17, 2015

Just Plum Perfect


Sometimes I find Bakelite buttons on their original cards from retailers and supply shops that date back to the 1930's. That's what happened in the case of these deep mulberry visions, hence these buttons were never used and they are in mint condition. Even so, I did end up tearing them off their card since the card's edges were so ripped and stained, you'd think these maroon ladies survived a Saks Fifth Avenue mudslide. It's worth mentioning that these buttons are extremely shiny. In fact, they're so mirror-like that I couldn't photograph them on my balcony without getting a reflection of myself in every shot. Finally, I had to bring them inside for picture-taking in reduced light. These aren't a complicated pair of buttons, but indoors or out, they're awfully hoity-toity.

-Sherbert McGee   

No comments:

Post a Comment